Five Tips for Work/Life Balance
You have a lot on your plate. You’re sacrificing sleep. Maybe you’re even working overtime for no extra pay or perks. You know something has to change before you run out of steam. Here are some tips.
- Start your day with the end in mind. What’s the most important thing on your to-do list? Make sure that’s what you get done. You will go to bed with a sense of accomplishment.
- Outsource. What can someone else do for you? This doesn’t mean you have to pay someone to do it. What can your spouse, your children, your friend take off your plate? Think big and small. Maybe it’s doing the dishes or sealing envelopes.
- Set a bedtime. Make sure you stick to it most nights.
- What’s zapping your time? Is it reading e-mails? Are you spending hours on Facebook? Are you watching more TV than you realize? Spend a week trying to figure out where your time is going and whether you are spending it the way you want that makes you efficient.
- Say no. You can do it. This week, say no instead of yes when you are asked to put one more thing on your plate.